Friday, March 5, 2010

Aliens

Katie had her parent/teacher conferences this week and at this time of year the students do a self-evaluation and actually lead the conference themselves. It is a time for the kids to shine, and shine they do. During part of the conference, my daughter was showing us a sheet where she was told to reflect on her own work ethic and mark how strong she thought she was in each of the study skill areas. I noticed that she had ranked herself “Very Strong” in almost all of the categories which included things like “ability to focus and concentrate in class,” “ability to work independently,” and “ability to keep on-task” …things of that nature. Then I happened to notice a drawing off to the side, in the right-hand margin of her page.

“What’s that?” I asked, pointing to the creatures drawn on the side of her work.
She answered nonchalantly, “Oh that? Those are aliens. I drew them 'cuz I got bored.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Let me know you stopped by!