Thursday, February 25, 2010

Caution...Crazy Woman on the Loose!!!

If you ever see me first thing in the morning and wonder why I have a crazed look in my eyes or look like like I have already put in a full day, it's because I feel like I already have. My husband leaves for work (and always has) around 4 o'clock every morning...so, that leaves me with the three kids - ages 2 to 9 - by myself (and the dog, who is also super high-maintenance, so he might as well be called a kid) and it is up to ME (me? I'm still a kid too, right?) to get them all up, dressed, fed, watered, taken outside (the dog, not the kids), lunches packed, homework in backpacks, daycare bag packed with five changes of clothes for the potty-training kiddo...and mind you, this is AFTER I've spent an hour getting myself showered, dressed, hair done, makeup on, ready for work and dishes done from the night before...without being ONE minute late or I'll get caught behind the stupid bus that comes down our street.

We load in the car, take one kid to daycare and the two older kids to school and then I get to trade my "mommy" hat in for my "professional" hat for ten hours. Some days it is just too much. Some days I feel like running away from my house, screaming down the street in my bathrobe...but with my luck I'd get hit by that stupid bus.;)

1 comment:

  1. Or worse - instead of getting hit by that stupid bus - a busload of people from your church will drive by on their way to go sight-seeing and they all rip out their cameras and take pictures of you running out of your house screaming in your bathrobe - and then the fact that you've lost your mind will end up as a topic on their "prayer chain"

    Not that I speak from experience or anything. ((sigh...))

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Let me know you stopped by!