Thursday, February 18, 2010

Do as I say, not as I do - Example #1

We all have these moments as parents (I hope more people do than just me!) where we say something and then our kids repeat it...or have something to say about what we just said...and then we (sort of) regret saying it.

First case scenerio: We are doing "MadLibs" in the car tonight.

Katie, age (almost) 8, says, "Mom, what is a plural noun?"

Me: "Well, a noun is a person, place or thing. And a plural noun is, like, more than one of those. So, instead of a "butt" it would be "butts." I giggle. (Am I five years old?)

My son, Zach, age 9, in a disgusted voice says, "Mom, that was inappropriate."

Geez, tough crowd.

Don't worry, there will be a lot more of these...I tend to have a potty mouth. Good thing my kids are there to keep me in line.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously, our lives are parallel. Hope (8 years old) loves Mad libs! And Jack (almost 4) is always harping on me about saying things like stupid or shut-up. Sigh... I have a potty mouth myself. : )

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from my readers! Let me know you stopped by!