Tuesday, February 23, 2010

King of Pop

I am a huge Michael Jackson fan. There, I said it. I don't know if I should categorize this blog under "confessions" or "random conversations with my kids"...maybe I will do both. Anyhoo - I own the Michael Jackson "Essential" Collection, which is basically a collection of all of his music, from the days of the Jackson Five, up through his latest recordings for the "This is It" movie. It is an amazing group of CDs with a TON of great music and I listen to it all the time in the car. My two older kids love it too and they know which songs are on what disks, so when we get in the car to head to school in the morning they take turns telling me which song they want to hear. Sometimes it is something from Michael's little boy days, sometimes it is from my growing up days - the 80's, and sometimes it is something more recent. The point is, there are a lot of choices and amazing variety.

So, in the car this morning, Zach's choice was "Billie Jean." He loves the beat. Soon after the song started though, Katie asked me to turn it down for a second so she could tell me something.

"I think I know why Michael Jackson had to take all those sleeping pills and why he died," Katie says seriously. "It's because he had so many songs stuck in his head!"

"Yeah," Zach agreed, solemnly. "He probably had a migraine."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Let me know you stopped by!