Monday, February 22, 2010

My name is not Susan...

…Or Kristen, or Kristine, or Christian, or Kristie. It is Kristin. Say it with me...KRISTIN. I have absolutely no clue why my name is so hard for people to say and spell, but you would think I was named something completely CRAZY with two silent Q’s or something. Each and every day – several times a day, I am not kidding you – somebody calls me (or writes to me) by something other than my name. It’s not only that they don’t remember it’s an “In” instead of an “En” (and yes, I have definitely made matters worse since adopting this nickname “Ten” from my teen years…everyone is now thoroughly confused), but they add more letters, different letters, and completely wrong pronunciation! At one point in a meeting earlier this fall, a representative from a consulting firm proceeded to call me “Susan” throughout the entire meeting, no matter how many times I corrected him. Finally, at the end of the session, when he thanked me for my time and said, “It was really nice to meet you, Susan” I just smiled and nodded my head. Nice to meet you too, dillhole.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from my readers! Let me know you stopped by!